DIY - sew a pillowcase with an envelope fastener and standing hem
I'm Hannah and I'm glad you're here!
In this video tutorial I'll show you how you can sew a high-quality pillowcase yourself. We sew the pillow with a super simple envelope closure and without a zipper. The project is very simple and is therefore suitable for absolute sewing beginners.
Optionally, you can embellish the pillow with a raised hem and/or lace ribbon. Of course, I'll explain exactly how this works in the video.
I'll show you in this sewing guide
- Which materials are suitable for a pillowcase?
- How to calculate your fabric needs.
- What materials you need.
- How to sew the hotel closure.
- How you add a raised hem.
- Where you integrate the lace band.
What you need for the tutorial
- A non-stretch fabric such as linen, cotton or twill.
- A pair of fabric scissors
- A tape measure
- A sewing machine
- Possibly a lace ribbon or another decorative border
Make yourself comfortable
You will read this section in every one of my posts because it is particularly close to my heart. In addition to the sewing itself, my focus when producing the videos is primarily on us having a good time together. I want to encourage you to make yourself really comfortable and tackle the project in Muse. Maybe you want to make some tea, prepare a snack, light candles… Whatever it is that makes you feel safe and calm, incorporate it into your sewing routine.
For questions and suggestions
If you would like to ask something or give me a tip, feel free to comment in the comments or visit me on Instagram.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dahlennah/
your Hannah & the Leinen Lodge